- TX Collector Classic Cars
- (512) 778-6906
Make an Offer-
Request a Test Drive-
1961 Triumph TR-3 Sports Type 20
Summation of Value
1961 Triumph ITR-3 3-30-2020
Vin # TX75375L
Our conclusion to dollar value is based on three or more of the following:
1. The overall cosmetic and mechanical condition of the inspected vehicle.
2. The demand and supply of comparable vehicles.
3. Dollar amounts indicated by the value guides.
4. Opinions of dealers who have handled the model in the past and would market the vehicle currently.
5. The expertise of the appraiser.
6. Auction result listing actual sold cars or highest dollar bid against owner’s reserve.
Description of car and appraisal
This 1961 Triumph TR3 is a prime example of what a really fun British Sports car should look and feel like. The car runs and drives phenomenal and really feels like you're driving a go-Kart so to speak. The standard Transmission shifts smoothly, and the engine has plenty of power to cruise on down the road. The paint is in great shape with very little blemishes to be seen and the interior is in excellent shape. The convertible top won’t be used much but when you do, rest assured it is in great shape and will keep you dry if you happen to run into some wet weather. The motor and transmission are original to the car and work as they should. Suspension is in great shape and the undercarriage is in good shape. The exhaust has been replaced and sounds amazing. The engine compartment is very clean and looks to have been partially restored. The battery has been upgraded to a Red Top Optima battery. There are numerous components that have been replaced around and under the car. The market for these British Style Sports cars has slowly increased in value, in concours condition these cars bring upwards of $45,000 that being said I find through extensive research and numerous websites and Dealers, this 1961 Triumph has a fair market value of $26,000.