- TX Collector Classic Cars
- (512) 778-6906
Make an Offer-
Request a Test Drive-
1949 Salmson S4-64
Summation of Value
1949 Salmson Is4-61 3-30-2020
Our conclusion to dollar value is based on three or more of the following:
1. The overall cosmetic and mechanical condition of the inspected vehicle.
2. The demand and supply of comparable vehicles.
3. Dollar amounts indicated by the value guides.
4. Opinions of dealers who have handled the model in the past and would market the vehicle currently.
5. The expertise of the appraiser.
6. Auction result listing actual sold cars or highest dollar bid against owners reserve.
Description of car and appraisal
This 1949 Salmson S4 is a true piece of art and history. This car was shipped over from Belgium and is in great condition from the right hand drive to the instrument cluster all in French. The transmission has a 4 speed Forward and Reverse Gear box. I personally have never seen a vehicle with 4 speeds in Reverse! The gear selector is like no other I have seen. Instead of a bulky Standard gear shift it is quite small and elegant. The shift still uses a Clutch pedal but the shift can be done with your fingers rather than your hand. The car runs and drives great! The seats and interior are in great condition, the paint is in great condition as well. The undercarriage is in great shape and is fairly clean with some small leaks. The market for this vehicle is very scarce and comparables are few and far between. These cars are listed in Europe around 29,000 Euros, that being said I find through extensive research and numerous websites and Dealers, this 1949 Salmson has a fair market value of $31,500