- TX Collector Classic Cars
- (512) 778-6906
Make an Offer-
Request a Test Drive-
1940 Buick Special
Summation of Value
1940 Buick Special 3-30-2020
Our conclusion to dollar value is based on three or more of the following:
1. The overall cosmetic and mechanical condition of the inspected vehicle.
2. The demand and supply of comparable vehicles.
3. Dollar amounts indicated by the value guides.
4. Opinions of dealers who have handled the model in the past and would market the vehicle currently.
5. The expertise of the appraiser.
6. Auction result listing actual sold cars or highest dollar bid against owners reserve.
Description of car and appraisal
This 1940 Buick Special 88 is in great condition, mechanically and cosmetically. The interior shows some signs of age and some things need to be tucked up and put back into place but overall in good driver quality condition with no visible rips or tears. The original engine and transmission are still in the car and work properly. The undercarriage shows some signs of wear and tear but is all there and in “safe driving condition” the paint is an older paint job but still shines and looks good. The tires are in need or replacement to be roadworthy in my opinion. The market for these old beauties has slowly increased if not stayed a little stagnant. that being said I find through
extensive research and numerous websites and Dealers, this 1940 Buick has a fair market value of $25,000.